Monday, August 08, 2005

Scarf Exchange Update

After reading my recipient's blog and looking through all my patterns I decided on the Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Now, since I'm a KnitPicks devotee off I went to pick out some sock yarn (the pattern calls for KPPPM). I was looking for something a bit darker and the colors are pretty bright, but it's growing on me. It's Sock Garden Zinnia for anyone who is curious. I'm really liking this pattern. I started it on 5s and then ripped it out and started again on 6s and it seems to be working much better now. On the 5s the chevron pattern was causing it to bunch a bit too much.

I'm still working on Branching Out, but haven't taken any pictures of it lately. There's not much of a change. When I decided that it wasn't going to be my exchange scarf it got put on hold.

I'm also still working on a pair of black socks out of Cascade Fixation and a sweater for Mike. Those are kind of slow going right now, but I'm about 2 inches from the toe decreases on the first sock.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Ooooh. Pretty. I love how the sock yarn is emphasizing the pattern. Nice.

Anonymous said...

I borrowed that book from the library and loved the pattern. I'm thinking about knitting it as long as it's not too difficult. Looks like it's turning out well for you so far.

Kristi