Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Late is better than never...

For a long time my dream has been to get my degree. I went straight from High School to College and then got slightly derailed by a really freaky religious group that I stayed in for a little over six years. So...back to the real world with only a year of college under my belt. Finally time to start making my dreams reality.

Now, I have some health problems that I may or may not have mentioned here before. One of my issues, in particular, has made it difficult for me to go to school full-time in the past. Being out of above-mentioned religious group (affectionately known as "the crazy cult") has lowered my stress level immensely. I'm an ambitious kind of girl (have you seen my list of things to knit lately?) so I decided to try going to school full-time, albeit online. In February of this year I graduated with my Associates Degree in Business Administration. This spring I return to a brick and mortar school to continue my education and complete my Bachelors in English/Secondary Ed. So...while this is all fresh in my mind...a graduation picture (yes, I had one. It was a virtual graduation, all done through the internet) :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.sheepinthecity.prettyposies.com/

This is the lady that wrote the My so Called Scarf pattern it is still on her website.

Enjoy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Wendy! and best wishes in your English/Secondary Ed degree.
Gaby

Anonymous said...

Sorry! "Congratulations, Amanda"--that's what I meant!
I also used to read Wendy's "One Big Yarn" blog and forgot which one I was looking at.
So, best wishes with your degree, Amanda.

Regards,
Gaby.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your degree! I got mine later in life too...appreciate it so much more.