Sunday, February 25, 2007

A knitting kind of weekend

Wow! What a great weekend!

Liesl came over on Saturday and we spent the day knitting. I learned how to do an applied i-cord bind off and finished knitting the bag portion of My Contant Companion. Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Michael fried chicken, baked potatoes, and made some corn. Oy, can my husband cook!

Today my brother, Steve, and his wife, Denise (who just happens to be one of my best friends) came down from northern Cincinnati to spend the day with Michael and me. Denise and I had a mini SnB of our own while Michael and Steve watched Taladega Nights which apparently isn't all it's cracked up to be. My dear SIL gladly took some extra yarn off my hands. Isn't she the sweetest? And listened to me rant and rave about life. Plus, yeah, she works at a yarn store. She gives me the scoop on the knitting world. Oh, and we had a roast with carrots and potatoes. Wow, we ate well this weekend.

I should be able to felt My Constant Companion tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the pocket on the front yet. I ran out of my CC since I used it for the straps so it's either getting a solid MC pocket or nothing. If it's nothing then I have about 2 1/2 skeins of Elann Peruvian Highland Chunky in a light heathered blue that's dying to be something luxurious. I'm in love with this yarn. I think I'm eventually going to need a sweater from this yarn. I do have the Ribbi Cardi pattern. Hmm....

So I'm totally rambling now. I think it's bed time.

'night.

1 comment:

brooke t. higgins said...

Mandy! BFF! I was so excited to get a comment from you!!! WHEEEEE!!! And you have your own blog... I'm totally adding you to my favorites. I can't wait to see you again, too! Happy knitting!