Monday, January 08, 2007

My totally incredible brother got me "Knitting on the Edge" for Christmas! I've totally been drooling over this book forever. I think this year I'm going to attempt to design a few things. I should be able to. I have all three of the Stitchionaries. I have the Vogue Knitting Reference Book. I have Ann Budd's The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweaters and Knitting on the Edge. I'm ready!

I'm working on Mike's UK socks right now. They're speeding along on size 2.5 Addis. I'm using Amy's hand-dyed yarn that I had her dye up specifically in the UK colors. She did a fabulous job and if you need something custom dyed I would totally recommend going to Amy. She is awesome to work with! In fact, I have another custome dye order in with her right now for Navy Desert Camouflage colors for a hat for Mike's deployment.

I'm also trying to finish a cabled purse that I've been working on for months. I'm getting there. I'll post pictures of it soon (and the socks too).

Okay, back to the real world,
Amanda

No comments: