Saturday, October 01, 2005

I finally finished my SIL's scarf. This is a the Finnish Lace pattern from Vogue knitting in Berroco Softwist.

A close-up of the stitch pattern. I really enjoyed this lace pattern and was pretty excited that I could go to the book, pick a pattern that I liked, add a garter stitch border, and create a scarf. It was such a thrill!

This yarn, while gorgeous and soft to touch, is a pain to work with. I think that if I had been using bamboo to knit with the duller points would have worked better, but my Denise needles just split this yarn like mad which, in turn, drove me mad quite a few times. This is the 4th reincarnation of this scarf. Each time with a different pattern.

In non-knitting news, Mike renewed his reserves contract last weekend. It was a moment of great importance for him as the Vice Admiral in charge of the Navy Reserves did his reenlistment. Here's a pic of my sailor in his dress whites. He's sharing a few words after reenlisting for another 6 years. I'm so proud of him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scarf!! I know your SIL will love it! I just wanted to let you know that I am running a little late on your scarf! I'm almost through, but I was in a car accident this past week, and knitting is a little slow! But, I am really liking the way it it turning out! I think I'll have to make one for myself!

Anonymous said...

hey this is the SIL!!! i LOVE the scarf and can't wait until it gets cool enough to wear it and not look like the idiot with no internal thermostat. you do beautiful work and i'm so proud to be your protege. much love!