Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July!


Pattern: Shapely Tank by White Lies Designs
Yarn: Cotton Ribbon from Mysticl Creation Yarns
Started: June 14, 2005
Completed: July 1, 2005
Skills Learned: Shaping an armhole and working with two balls of yarn at the same time to complete the straps. Also, first time successfully completing a 3-needle bind off.
Changes I would make: I think I need to leave out a set of increases after the waist shaping to get rid of the slight pucker right below my chest. There was a little extra room up there.

I wore my Shapely Tank to my family's 4th of July celebration yesterday and it was a big hit.

I've already purchased the yarn for my second one. A solid color this time.

3 comments:

Amie said...

Your tank top looks terrific!

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog.

If you're still near the Pentagon, we aren't too far away, since I'm up in Baltimore! Hope we can meet some day!

erica said...

Amanda, your tank looks great.
Your Branching Out looks absolutely lovely too. A new lace pattern can always seem daunting at first, then you get it and it seems so amazingly easy. :)

Marlene said...

I love the color you chose for your Shapely Tank. I think I may do another one myself. The first was done in plain ol' boring white.